Thursday, August 24, 2006

This is what is comonly called blacksmiths knife, I forged this one from an old file, did a quickie clay coat heat treat, quenched in oil. It's got an Interesting hamon line, not something comonly seen in the average run of the mill "blacksmiths knife", I ended up giving this one to my friend Mark.
















Here is another blade I gave away, this time in a KITH ( Knife In The Hat ) a Bunch of knifemakers from Don Foggs Bladesmith's Forum got together this year, made a knife and drew names and sent out the blades. The one I got was from Nebraska, and this one I sent to a bladesmith in Alaska. It was a lot of fun and a learning experience as well. Making a Knife for a knife maker is a challenge! Makes you want to go that extra distance and try Just a little harder.



Hey check this out : I just found another knife maker in the blogosphere. --there don't appear to be many of us ;~) http://blog.menees.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home