Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Free Image Hosting by EasyPics.us

Just finished this little blade, for another KITH, went to Todd Hill in AZ
http://primitivepoint.blogspot.com/

It's forged from a JD cultivator tine, then all the stock removal and finishing was done by hand using files, stones and sandpaper, I used no power tools except for a drill. This one looks a bit "rustic" compared to what I usually do. Finishing a blade without power tools, really makes me appreciate my belt grinder!!

Free Image Hosting by EasyPics.us

Free Image Hosting by EasyPics.us

(click thumbnails to view larger pictures )

4 Comments:

Blogger hill said...

Sweet looking knife, Jens. I like the shape and proportions. That handle wood is amazing. And it comes with a sheath too! Christmas in August!

Thanks for your hard work making it.

Todd

7:18 PM  
Blogger Tyler Murch said...

Cool stuff Jens.

Ty

11:04 PM  
Blogger Tyler Murch said...

Cool stuff Jens.

Ty

11:04 PM  
Blogger hill said...

The knife arrived yesterday, Jens. I like it a lot. The handle is perfectly sized and feels comfortable, not to mention the gorgeous wood. The blade shape is designed for use and it looks good. The sheath is cool too. I've got to try a sheath soon. You put a nice edge on it. So far it's only been used to cut cheese, but it did that very well. This is basically my first knife from another maker, so I'm pretty excited about it. Thanks again, Todd

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home